Can't make calls or send texts but can use mobile data.
shreddedbullet

When I try to make a call it says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. There are restrictions on this line. Announcement 24. And then a Location Number.

I just changed my phone to a Galaxy S6, and got a new sim card from verizon. I'm on a prepaid plan. What is causing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't make calls or send texts but can use mobile data.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this for all outgoing calls or just certain numbers? Can you receive calls?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shreddedbullet

It's both outgoing and incoming calls and texts.

I spent 1 hour with online support and 2 hours in store and they told me that the service area I'm in had problems and need to wait 24 to 48 hours for my plan to recognize that I have a new device. Not sure if this is going to be resolved in that time frame. They already swapped my SIM card for a new one twice and paid next months bill for the inconvenience. I'm still without calling or text, I can only use internet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your device, shreddedbullet. What device were yo using before you moved to a Samsung Galaxy S6? Was your prepaid account previously active before you got this phone, or do you have new service with us?

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mskitty1991
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same. I’m so tired of it. After 5 hours total with support, it’s still happening.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes