Can't upgrade line. "Order already exists for this MDN, so any other order cannot be submitted."
as40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried to change plan from 55MB to Unlimited, added funds (that part works, go figure), and clicked "Purchase". Site throws error message "Order already exists for this MDN, so any other order cannot be submitted." I haven't gone through with an attempt to upgrade until now, but I did try last month. My attempt was thwarted when they said I didn't have enough funds, though, as I couldn't upgrade my plan for next month (this cycle) until the 29th. Any help, please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't upgrade line. "Order already exists for this MDN, so any other order cannot be submitted."
as401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my phone number change to go through, so I guess I'm a new member now. Because of this, I can't mark an answer (mine) as correct.

For those of you in the future, I had to chat with a support agent and have them talk to their boss to cancel an erroneous order for a line upgrade that existed in their system (Hit the "Chat with us" bottom at the bottom right of the screen on your dashboard, and go from there.). Last cycle, I tried to upgrade my account from 500MB to Unlimited but couldn't set it up for the next cycle. They just tell you to wait until that one starts. So even though I only went so far as the Please-Add-Funds page, the system counted it as a request to upgrade my plan, and you can only do that once a cycle they told me. I'm doubting this limitation is based on the billing cycle, however, as the bad request still existed in the system once we entered the new one on the 29th. It could either be that the system didn't know what to do with it, since it was incomplete, or the limitation is actually based on time itself, separate from when billing cycles begin and end. Either way, the support agents don't even seem equipped to actually remove the old order from the system themselves, and I'd say that's just the same for their supervisors, so they'll resolve it, but be prepared to wait about an hour's-worth of "just a couple more minutes". At least the chat interface has that loud, horrible notification bell.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't upgrade line. "Order already exists for this MDN, so any other order cannot be submitted."
as401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my phone number change to go through, so I guess I'm a new member now. Because of this, I can't mark an answer (mine) as correct.

For those of you in the future, I had to chat with a support agent and have them talk to their boss to cancel an erroneous order for a line upgrade that existed in their system (Hit the "Chat with us" bottom at the bottom right of the screen on your dashboard, and go from there.). Last cycle, I tried to upgrade my account from 500MB to Unlimited but couldn't set it up for the next cycle. They just tell you to wait until that one starts. So even though I only went so far as the Please-Add-Funds page, the system counted it as a request to upgrade my plan, and you can only do that once a cycle they told me. I'm doubting this limitation is based on the billing cycle, however, as the bad request still existed in the system once we entered the new one on the 29th. It could either be that the system didn't know what to do with it, since it was incomplete, or the limitation is actually based on time itself, separate from when billing cycles begin and end. Either way, the support agents don't even seem equipped to actually remove the old order from the system themselves, and I'd say that's just the same for their supervisors, so they'll resolve it, but be prepared to wait about an hour's-worth of "just a couple more minutes". At least the chat interface has that loud, horrible notification bell.

0 Likes