Can you keep your number if you're switching to Verizon from a different wireless service provider?
rosems014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to switch to a cheaper prepaid provider from Tracfone and I was just wondering if I could keep the same number when getting a new from Verizon and transferring here.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: an you keep your number if you're switching to Verizon from a different wireless service provider?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rosems014

I am delighted to hear you are planning to join our Prepay family! Our Sales Professionals would be more than happy to check on the availability of porting in your current number. They can be reached at 1-888-924-7937.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: an you keep your number if you're switching to Verizon from a different wireless service provider?
mama23dogs
Legend

I don't know how Verizon prepaid is cheaper, but no matter.

Bring your current account number and information to a Verizon store and have them port your number over.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Actually it depends on the area. Not all numbers are portable.

0 Likes
rosems014
Enthusiast - Level 1

The cards I've been getting every 3 weeks or so are $40 each, so unlimited everything for $30 a month is a much better deal.  Anyway, is there any way to do this online instead?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You must be thinking of ATT prepaid. 

$30 plan is unlimited talk and text, no data.

$45 include one GBS data, $60 includes 3 GBS of data.

ATT plans include rollover on the $45 and $60 plans and reduced speed data after your allotment is used.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

image.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rosems014

I am delighted to hear you are planning to join our Prepay family! Our Sales Professionals would be more than happy to check on the availability of porting in your current number. They can be reached at 1-888-924-7937.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

rosems014
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon.png

Actually, don't think I was mistaken.

0 Likes
rosems014
Enthusiast - Level 1

And I am afraid I cannot find a "Correct Answer" button, but I thank you for your assistance and will take that as my next course of action.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

silly me I assumed a smartphone.   The plans I posted are smartphone, not basic plans.

0 Likes