Cant make calls
jdeery10

For the past two months my phone will not make or receive calls. I can Text, use data and use all other features but it simply won't dial. I have a prepaid Transpyre phone. I've raised the issue with customer service but apparently proper service isn't important to them as they have no interest in responding to my request for help and I've been unable to get anyone to help in store because I keep getting trouble tickets that claim a response in 24-48 hours with no followup so I'm just going to assume Verizon can't figure it out and doesn't care to help.

I've always been current on my plan and have paid to basically use text since I use WiFi most of the time anyway.

I lost my first Transpyre around January. My 2nd transpyre stopped turning on within a couple of months and so this is my third Transpyre and I'm tired of shelling out money for new phones which is what I suspect Verizon expects me to do to solve this current issue.

The store hard reset my phone and replaced the SIM card to no avail. Then had the nerve to ask me to put my SIM into a "friends" phone because they didn't have another phone that could text my SIM in the store. That was their final solution after I spent over two hours on the phone in their store with customer service who ultimately issued me a trouble ticket that they never bothered to update. That was sometime in July. So I guess I wont hold my breath.

So, since Verizon won't help, does anyone have a solution why a phone can't dial out but can still text, etc? Without having to buy yet another phone?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cant make calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to make calls is very important. I am sorry to see that a customer with these issues. Due to the fact that it's prepaid, they would be the best option. We are unableto access those accounts I'm sorry.  Please call (888) 294-6804 for help.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I suspect improper voice provisioning and incomplete port in from previous carrier perhaps.  Call  888--844-7095 for the porting dept.  Seems a little late now, but worth a shot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to make calls is very important. I am sorry to see that a customer with these issues. Due to the fact that it's prepaid, they would be the best option. We are unableto access those accounts I'm sorry.  Please call (888) 294-6804 for help.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Please tell us why Verizon cannot access Verizon Prepaid accounts, but can access Postpaid accounts? 

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It is because Verizon uses an outsourced customer service company for prepaid.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Smashing theory sir!  Could be spot on.  That does make sense.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

However, in afterthought, Prepaid accounts do have an account number for which CS uses to access info.  That acct number is basically the phone number I believe, for which Verizon knows you are calling from, so in hindsight, maybe we still don't know.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Thanks! It's not a theory tho. 🙂 You can ask the reps when you call too, I have done that.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, I edited after posting, but cannot edit within the 5 min time limit for some reason.

0 Likes
jdeery10

"Please call (888) 294-6804 for help."

I'll do that as soon as my phone dials out. Thanks for the sound advice.

0 Likes