Change in the Prepaid Plans
LShankelL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be nice if Verizon would rethink their smartphone prepaid plans. $45/month for only 1GB of data is not that great... $60/month for 2.5GB of data is not that great either. It would be nice for Verizon to change the plans. For example, it would be nice for Verizon to come out with three new smartphone prepaid plans:

1. $45/month- Unlimited Talk, Text, and 2.5GB of data

2. $55/month- Unlimited Talk, Text, and 5GB of data

3. $65/month- Unlimited Talk, Text, and 10GB of data

*Then still keep the add on data options, but change them up as well. For example:

1. $5 gives you an add on of 1GB

2. $10 gives you an add on of 3GB

3. $20 gives you an add on of 5GB

*Auto Pay should still be available and the customers who sign up got auto pay should receive an extra 2GB of data a month just for signing up.

This is what I feel should happen and these changes seem fair to me.

-Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change in the Prepaid Plans
Snn5
Legend

I use autopay, so I have the extra 1GB.

If Verizon used the plans you suggest, then yes, there would be an influx of Prepaid customers since those are the same prices and allotments Boost Mobile uses.  It would definitely help capture business, but would also kill the current postpaid plans.  Yes, there should be a slight increase to the data allotment for prepaid users, however, I doubt we will ever see prepay getting more for less than postpaid since postpaid has added features like Cloud, Advanced Calling, Rewards, and other features included.

LShankelL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Boost Mobile is $35, $45, and $55... All three include unlimited talk and text and the data is 1GB, 5GB, and 10GB respectively. I just thought I would put my opinion out there and I do thing it would be nice/great if Verizon did make the changes that I recommended or at least made the changes and those changes were similar to my recommendation.

Snn5
Legend

Depends on you Boost Mobile auto-payment enrollment status.

Not applicable

If you need Verizon coverage on pre-pay you're better off with going with StraightTalk. The pre-paid data add-ons are a joke they been the same price for 2 years now. Ironically the Verizon CEO said they got rid of the 500 MB plan on post paid because having MB and GB plans confused people. Yet somehow having MB and GB add-ons don't confuse pre-paid people or he doesn't care if they get confused.

Snn5
Legend

However, it makes little sense to have a 1GB plan for a basic phone.  Smartphones do not have a xxMB plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LShankeIL We at Verizon are always reviewing our plan structuer. It is in part, due to  customers such as yourself that changes are made. I appreicate the suggestion and will forward it to the appropriate individuals. If you would like to speak directly with prepaid the number is 888.294.6804.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LShankelL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You! I always like putting my opinion out there and sometimes it does get to the right people and changes are made. But thank you!

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

At the very least they should offer more data on the $45 plan. I make due but it would be nice if I could be able to use my data more often without having to watch it like a hawk. I'm not big on auto pay I much rather pay with refill cards so I know I missing out on that extra gig. Truthfully in 2015 all data should be unlimited anyway but that is different topic all together I won't get into now.