Complaint
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently ordered a new phone and a new service.  I was instructed by the individual I "chatted" with (while logged into my existing account) during the order process that I could not move my existing number from my existing plan until I received the new phone and activated it on the new plan.  I received the phone and activated it as instructed.  When I attempted to transfer my number to the new phone I was unable to find a way to accomplish this through my online account so I contacted Verizon via "chat" again.  I went through the process of explaining this to Laura, and she told me that I would have to contact Verizon by phone.  I did so, and proceeded on a merry-go-round of BS the like of which I have never seen in my 62 years on this planet.  I was transferred to 6 or 7 different people all of whom assured me that the next one the transferred me to would be able to resolve this issue for me.  After about 2 hours of this I hit a dead end when I spoke with Danielle, the supervisor (she claims she doesn't have a unique identifier, or a case number she could provide me with to reference her or my call - how convenient...!) of so-called "Customer Care".  I've been a customer of Verizon for around 14 years, (ever since they bought out Air Touch Cellular in AZ) and I am livid.  When I asked to speak with her supervisor, she told me that she doesn't have one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint
Snn5
Legend

You might try a corporate store for some face time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm am extremely saddened to hear of the day that you had. You absolutely deserve courtesy and the best service! I'm here to provide that. We're we able to add your new phone to the number? Did we give a reason why it couldn't be done?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem was most definitely NOT resolved.  She said that because the phone had been activated it would require a new SIM card and that I would have to go to a Verizon store in person to get one.  I requested one be shipped to me, but she said that she was in "Customer Care" (...ha ha ha ha...! Some "customer care...!), and could not help me with that.

The representative that I consulted (online while logged into my account, BTW) when I ordered the phone told me that he could not transfer my existing number, but that when I received the phone I should activate it and that then number would be able to be transferred.

0 Likes
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

And now... my account appears to have been disconnected.

0 Likes
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

And now...  my 2nd phone appears to have been disconnected as well.  Thanks, Verizon...  After 14 years together this is how you treat me...???!!!???!!!???  Apparently no one there GAS about my issue.  I want a call from someone NOW...  Oh wait, you can't call me...  Maybe you can contact me on my new phone from one of your competitors:  520-276-1991

0 Likes
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

But... I am still receiving text messages on my old phone...  WTF...??????????

0 Likes
hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Crickets...

hexclimber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I am not going to get any help here.  Thanks for nothing, VanetrisC_VZW