Created a new username and bought a new prepaid phone. Being told I'm not the account owner.
iamsignedin

Same here. Wanted to try Verizon service to see how it measures up. Coverage is great, but if I can't upgrade my phone or plan because I am not the Owner, then something is definitely wrong. Since the Account Owner is the one paying the bill, I guess I will wait and find out who that is. I thought it was me!

>> Branched from an earlier discussion <<

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Created a new username and bought a new prepaid phone. Being told I'm not the account owner.
Not applicable

The original poster was talking about pre-paid service. Is that what you're referring to?

>> Edited for consistency <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Created a new username and bought a new prepaid phone. Being told I'm not the account owner.
iamsignedin

The first two words of my post= SAME HERE. This means I, too, "created a new username and bought a new prepaid phone. Being told I'm not the account owner."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Pre-paid customers do not have Owner status.

Only post paid customers have it.

I believe its because you don't have the same access as post paid customers on the web portal.

Good Luck

0 Likes
iamsignedin

Since Owner status is required to upgrade devices and service plans, I

guess that means I can't upgrade. If I can't upgrade I guess I won't be

using Verizon.

Just another way that Verizon is losing customers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Owner status on POST PAID is not the same as PRE PAID.

on prepaid you can get any device you like.

But you pay upfront.

People on post paid get the advantage of reduced priced devices on contracts. Prepaid is no contracts.

Any carrier will function the same way. Go online and check out Verizon pre paid policy and then look at the other carriers.

Maybe prepaid from Walmart or Boost Mobile, or Cricket etc. would be best for you. Pay for all you can eat calling, texting and data for one low price. Say $45-$55  and buy the phones they offer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
iamsignedin

Actually, I can't get any online. I signed into my account and tried to

upgrade my device, I tried to add a new device, and tried changing

plans. All of them took me to the same page that said it could not

process the request because I am not the Account Owner.

So, yes, I can go to the store and get one, but I cannot upgrade from

within the MyVerizon portal. Which means it is of little use to me.

I am done with this discussion.

0 Likes