Do prepaid Smartphone plans work in roaming areas and is there an additional charge?
dd1970

I live in prepaid coverage area but work during the day in a prepaid roaming area according to Verizon's coverage map.  I want to join the $30 or $45 /mo Smartphone plans.  Will I actually get service in roaming areas?  And is there an additional charge for roaming under the unlimited Smartphone plans?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do prepaid Smartphone plans work in roaming areas and is there an additional charge?
VINSTIGATOR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased prepaid phones for the kids a while back before finally committing to a postpaid plan for us.

I was motivated by the S7/S7 edge BOGO offer to choose the postpaid plan for us. (That was a mistake!)

I have been asked what the advantages are of postpaid vs prepaid and, with all of the "may"s in the

posted link, and a small amount of real world experience, I'm still not sure either.

Thank you for posting this question, and I am off to use the search function to, (one can only hope), find

the answer I seek, as my circumstances are similar to yours.

0 Likes
Re: Do prepaid Smartphone plans work in roaming areas and is there an additional charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure you get all the right details regarding your prepaid services. In prepay if it shows extended network, this is actually roaming for prepay which bills at a per minute rate. If your prepaid account does not have a balance available, you will not be able to make calls.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes