Does Verizon have cheap flip phone plan?
DALROB67

I want to know if Verizon has any sort of cheap plan compatible with their basic lg flip phone - something that I can buy a certain amount of minutes and have those minutes until I use them up. Am wanting to phase out my cell phones for a landline, and don't want to have to pay tons of money each month just to have a cell phone for emergencies. Will probably only use maybe 10 minutes a month, so I don't need to pay for hundreds or thousands of minutes. Does Verizon have anything that fits that bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon have cheap flip phone plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Single Device Plan | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

T-mobile and ATT still have cheap pay per use plans.  You might find a better price with an MVNO like total wireless or page plus or straight talk.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We offer many plans, even for customers who prefer or just need a basic flip phone. You can see our more common plans here: http://spr.ly/6585Dz48L, and we do also offer for existing and new customers various single-line or reduced data plans, too. To learn about those plans, you can call *611 from a Verizon handset or 1-800-922-0204. -

Shaneb_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have a plan at the right price that fits your lifestyle is important, Mama23dogs. We have a $30 monthly prepaid basic phone plan. This is the cheapest plan we offer with our prepaid service. The $30 plan includes unlimited talk within the U.S, unlimited text within the U.S, and unlimited mobile web. You can reach our prepaid department directly by dialing 888-294-6804.

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LOISHE86

The problem is not only with the plan, it's with the phone. You cannot get a cheap flip phone any longer from Verizon. I wanted one for my husband because he isn't computer savvy and just wants to make occasional phone calls but when I talked to a Verizon rep on the phone, she offered a deal that made it much cheaper to buy the least expensive smart phone than to buy a flip from Verizon. I had purchased one online but returned it because it didn't work. And if you have an old phone around, forget it. They will no longer activate anything under 4G. So don't buy an old one online either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand looking for the best device for you. You can review our current flip phones available here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/. You can also try a 3rd party option that is compatible with our network if it best suits your needs. You can check compatibility of a device here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice.

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@LOISHE86 wrote:

The problem is not only with the plan, it's with the phone. You cannot get a cheap flip phone any longer from Verizon. I wanted one for my husband because he isn't computer savvy and just wants to make occasional phone calls but when I talked to a Verizon rep on the phone, she offered a deal that made it much cheaper to buy the least expensive smart phone than to buy a flip from Verizon. I had purchased one online but returned it because it didn't work. And if you have an old phone around, forget it. They will no longer activate anything under 4G. So don't buy an old one online either.

The CDMA netowrk is being shut down at the end of the year so there is no point getting an older phone. These flip phones are not that expensive. When I first got a cell phone in 2006 the regular rate for a flip phone was $200-$300 or more. People only got them cheaper because they had to sign 2 year conttracts and the price of the service reflected that. So the phones were never free. They have one phone for $120 or $5 a month and another for $144 or $6 a month. If $5 or $6 amonth for 2 year is goign to break you well....Also I asusme you plan on keeping these phones for many years. $120 for a phone you might keep for 5 years or more averages out to $2 a month

0 Likes