Does data usage on wi-fi count against my monthly plan?
T15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  When using the prepaid plan, does data usage while on my wi-fi count against the 500mb included with the $45 a month plan?  Also, is there anyway to see it as separate usage if it does not count against it while on Wi-Fi?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about data usage on wi-fi...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

Turn off the cellular data to ensure the phone doesn't accidentally use the cellular data while connected to a wifi connection.

Depending on the phone, there could be an option to see how much wifi data you use.

Otherwise there is no way for Verizon Wireless to know how much data you use over wifi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

Turn off the cellular data to ensure the phone doesn't accidentally use the cellular data while connected to a wifi connection.

Depending on the phone, there could be an option to see how much wifi data you use.

Otherwise there is no way for Verizon Wireless to know how much data you use over wifi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

T15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, it is a Samsung galaxy legend...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the Android version of the OS is it running? Is there a data usage option under the Settings. If you don't understand what that means, find the user manual available online and read it.

0 Likes