Does this Prepaid Box Phone need New activation or is there a Financial Eligibility Date?
RRRRRay
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a question that I have asked via chat, but I get no definitive answer. I have 4 Verizon Galaxy s4 PP phones. I activated 2 with $30 plan and 1 with $45 plan. Immediately after I activated these phones, I was able to get the recycle device page to basically say these phones are eligible for trade in. My 4th phone....I changed devices on the $45 phone line with this 4th phone without ever doing the new activation. I went into the 2nd month with a renewal of the $45 plan. Then I ported over a phone # from another service provider. At this point I ran this phone's IMEI through the device recycle page and it comes up...This device is not eligible for trade-in program either because you have not activated this device or completed payment for the first month's service. 

Will I need to let this month run out and then Activate the line again or is this a Financial Eligibility Date issue that has a set amount of time before this phone is released for the CDMA Unlock Whitelist? I have seen on other websites that I might need to get in touch with Tier 2 Tech Support to get a real answer. The box says Activate and pay for 1 month of service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does this Prepaid Box Phone need New activation or is there a Financial Eligibility Date?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Although we do not support Prepay services fully through our Community forum, I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does this Prepaid Box Phone need New activation or is there a Financial Eligibility Date?
RRRRRay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll answer to myself. You can only activate these Phone in a Box phones as a new activation with the original SIM and a new line of service. If you don't do it this way, they will never fully unlock for postpaid or other CDMA carrier.

OK. In my situation here is info that I need to get my PrePaid phone unlocked:

Device remains locked until first months payment is made on their Prepaid plan.

Device is unlocked automatically upon successful first month’s payment and can be used on Postpaid plan (new SIM or SIM swap).

Once payment has been made, the DMD (Device Management Database) updates the Prepaid eligibility value with code 00. Removal of the hotline for the Prepaid device can only be done when DMD code is 00.

To check DMD, enter the device ID, then under Features look for Prepay Eligibility

If they need help finding it it's OST 100112.

Here is what they need to unhotline a postpaid line:

Device remains locked until first month’s payment is made on their Prepaid plan.

Device is unlocked automatically upon successful first month’s payment and can be used on Postpaid plan (new SIM or SIM swap).

Attempting to use an active Postpay SIM Card with a new 4G LTE Prepaid PIB smartphone prior to making the required monthly payment, hotlines the Postpay MDN (SFO 83643) . The hotline remains until first month’s payment is made.

To remove the "hotline"/"block" they need to go into features, sort by SFO ("Code") and remove it. Called an MDN Block.

0 Likes