Elderly Parents made a mistake with Verizon Prepaid
eyeglasses

My elderly parents, Dad 89 years old (with dementia)  Mom 85 years old, had an Altell plan.  It transitioned to a Verizon Prepaid Account with auto-pay.  I was helping with their bills (they lost their visa card) and realized they were paying Verizon $21.92 every month since March 10th, 2010.  When I called Verizon to change their billing I found out they had a credit of $370.00 on their account.  They use the phone about once a month.

To make a long story short, after a month and a half of talking to Verizon, they finally said my parents  made a mistake, its their fault, the minutes expire in june of this year and there's nothing we can do about it.  No refund no resolution. 

I would advise people with eldery parents who have Verizon to be careful.  I don't know how to get them there money back.  They are on a fixed income and this money would come in handy.

Any ideas. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Elderly Parents made a mistake with Verizon Prepaid
Not applicable

No you shouldn't advise people elderly parents with Verizon to be careful. You should advise people with elderly parents that have "issues" to be careful PERIOD. Not sure why you are trying to blame this on Verizon. How is Verizon supposed to know your parents are elderly with dementia? Is it Verizon fault it took someone's family 3 years to notice something? Pre-paid terms are pretty clear.

0 Likes
eyeglasses

Yes, I guess you are correct.  It is our families fault for not intervening earlier with our elderly parents.  It was very recently that it became clear that they needed help with their record keeping.

I disagree that the prepaid terms are pretty clear.  I was told by customer service that they were under the grandfathered AllTell terms and conditions, but no one could provide the terms and conditions for All tell..

Perhaps you could assist me in this matter.  They certainly won't use $370.00 worth of minutes before june.

0 Likes
Not applicable

eyeglasses wrote:

I disagree that the prepaid terms are pretty clear.  I was told by customer service that they were under the grandfathered AllTell terms and conditions, but no one could provide the terms and conditions for All tell..

Perhaps you could assist me in this matter.  They certainly won't use $370.00 worth of minutes before june.

All I'm saying is when buy pre-paid minutes it tells you when those minutes have to be used by. How is that not clear?

How can I assist you? I don't work for Verizon. Just chalk up the loss as a lesson learned.

0 Likes