Env Touch on 50 monthly plan.
tonya76

Hi I have recently purchased a env touch and wanting to put it on the verizon 50 montly unlimited text, data, and talk plan. I spoke with a customer service rep this morning and they said that I couldnt since it was a touch screen and it required the 10 data pkg. However I just spoke to a different rep tonight and they said that the person I spoke to this morning must of not read it right and it most def. will work with the 50 unlimited pkg and no extra for any data plan. Can someone plz give me a concrete answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Env Touch on 50 monthly plan.
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi tonya76! I'm sorry for the mixed info you were given, but the truth is both of the reps are correct. The EnV Touch is a multimedia phone which will require a data feature of some kind. However, you have the option to select a Data Block with that device, which will prevent any data usage (and therefore charges). This is not an option that is offered to customers on a self-serve basis, so you can request assistance you with that after activation.

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
AShaffer

So DionM,

Will you still need to put the 10 dollar plan on or will it just be ilke a normal basic phone. Also, how do I find someone that KNOWS this?

Alex

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

A Shaffer, I understand your concern with the cost of the data plan for the Lg-Env Touch. Yes, you will need to add a $10.00 data package or higher if you activate the Lg-Env Touch. You can also add a data block to your account to prevent use of the data features that may cause additional charges on your account. Listed below is a link for information about how which data sessions go against your data package and which do not.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/data_info.html

Additionally, listed below is a link that provides options to monitor your data usage.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/usage_tools.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Tom-bob

I used less than 50 min last month and wasn charged $74 That is abuse. some one needs to do something about overcharging. Your customers needs better care

Tom Westfall

0 Likes
Tom-bob

No one has ever talked to me about this

0 Likes
Tom-bob

How do I get Information on this and how to dio it?????

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Tom-bob, I'm sorry you were charged overages. I know how surprising it is to receive your bill and have to pay more than expected. I have a few questions that will hopefully help find out why you were charged. What plan are you using? Our lowest single plan is 450 peak minutes per month, unlimited nights and weekends, and unlimited verizon wireless to Verizon wireless. Our lowest family share plan for two or more lines is 700 peak minutes per month, unlimited nights and weekends, and unlimited verizon wireless to verizon wireless. Have you reviewed your bill to find out where the charges came from (minutes, data, messaging)?

Please let me know what the charges were for so that I can provide you with a better explanation and options to prevent

them in the future. I also recommend monitoring your minutes and data to avoid overages. I will list a few links to assist you with all the options to monitor your usage.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/usage_tools.html

• #MIN (#646): If you dial #MIN, we will send you a free text message with an estimate of the domestic calling minutes you have used during your current bill cycle. If you stay on the line, we’ll also provide the information verbally.
    • Selecting Option 2 will provide messaging usage information.
    • Selecting Option 3 will provide data usage information.
  • #DATA (#3282): If you dial #DATA, we will send you a free text message with an estimate of the amount of data and messaging you have used during your current bill cycle. If you stay on the line, we’ll also provide this information verbally.

Please let me and the community know if we can assist any further and if the information I provided helped with your concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes