Forced to change plans?
poster101

i am looking into a new phone. i have been verizon prepay for over 15 yrs.  i want to keep my plan.  in previous switch overs ive been able to complete the device switch from my my verizon account via my computer.  with the new 5g and the "plans that get better with time" adverts on my main account page. i am afraid it will force me into a new plan.  does anyone have any info on if the system will force me to change or not?

current plan ( it works for me so please no negativity as to why i want to keep it): 

Screenshot 2022-03-02 9.30.02 AM.png

current phone: 

Screenshot 2022-03-02 9.37.54 AM.png 

i am looking at switching/upgrading devices to either: 

samsung galaxy A02 32BG or samsung galaxy A12GB

#handset #device #newphone #plan #planchange #noplanchange #samsung #samsungj3 #samsungA12 #switch #help #prepaid

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forced to change plans?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your current plan doesn't include 5G access. If you want 5G access or switch to a 5G capable phone, you will likely be required to switch to a new plan that includes 5G access. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we hope you and  your family are doing well.  We understand the importance of keeping your current plan, because it suits what you need/want.  We are happy to assist you  with getting a new phone, please send us a Private Message, so we can assist. 

*Lisa

0 Likes
poster101

but you didnt answer the question. will adding the newer phone force me to change my plan? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your current plan doesn't include 5G access. If you want 5G access or switch to a 5G capable phone, you will likely be required to switch to a new plan that includes 5G access. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure all your questions are answered, and I will be thrilled to assist you. To do so, please send us a Private Note for further assistance.*Angel

0 Likes