Has anyone tried out the new $30 Wifi only prepaid plan???
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

So I just recently noticed Verizon added a new Wifi only prepaid plan for $30. This is something I'm intrigued of trying out since I do tend to use Wi-Fi more than my actual data but every once in awhile I like to send MMS which sadly requires data to do so. I was wondering if anyone has tried out the new plan. I was hoping they would some more data to their current plans hopefully that is coming soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone tried out the new $30 Wifi only prepaid plan???
maria99

I currently have that plan and the issue I had last night was that I couldn't send or receive iPhone messages. It's a lot of work to get to send a text message when wifi isn't available and I can't ask my friends to accommodate to my phone. Texting and receiving was easy with my friend who had an Android but not my iPhone friends. It would really depend on the kind of phone you get, with this plan.

As for the MMS, it seems to not work without data/wifi.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You could use verizon messages to send via wifi, but....you could also use Project Fi for the same price with 1 GB data.  Have to get a Nexus though.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maria99, I’m sure running into problems while sending text messages must be very frustrating to say the least. I want to make sure that we get this issue resolved for you the best way possible. Snn5 gave some wonderful information regarding the use of Verizon Messages+ application to send and receive messages. You can view the application online by clicking http://vz.to/1lzgwGI . I also wanted to give you the number  to connect with our Prepay Department for additional assistance to resolve this issue. The number is Prepaid Customer Service 1-888-294-6804.
VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes