Help please
XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

i recently downgraded from a new smartphone to my old smartphone because i was tired of the bloatware and shoddy manufacturing, it serves me well and i mainly use wifi on it, however, the insane $100+ bill even with my 15% veteran discount is not worth it at all.

i am looking to get the samsung intensity III with unlimited monthly prepaid

i have some questions

fine print on a verizon flyer i received, with questions underneath:

_________________________________________________________________________________

UNLIMITED TALK: Unlimited Talk for CONUS calls... only with other verizon customers.

- this means exactly what it says, right?

- for non-verizon customers, calling them incurs a fee?

- what is the fee?

- can i set up internationa calling feature? if so, this is useless for me, i only call my girlfriend who lives in ireland, and setting up international calling feature would defeat the point of pre-paying, right?

_________________________________________________________________________________

UNLIMITED WEB: Unlimited Web is Mobile Web and does not provide full Web browsing.

- can i not browse the internet freely? what does this mean?

- does this mean i cannot browse the internet, only certain websites?

- is there a fee for browsing the internet like i would do on a PC?

UNLIMITED TEXTING: All form of text messages between you and VERIZON customers or 'participating non-verizon networks' in  CANADA, US, PUERTO RICO, also text messages recieved/sent via email.

- i cannot text people in ireland, or other networks, without incurring a fee, what is this fee? or does every message incur a fee?

- what are these participating networks?

UNLIMITED TALK DAILY PLAN TEXTING RATE = 2¢ per message sent per recipient.

- what network is this recipient using?

- 2¢ for verizon-to-verizon texting?

- 2¢ for verizon-to-non-verizon texting?

- how many messages can i sent daily?

- is this 2¢ fee a flat-rate and will never increase with an increase in texting?

PREMIUM + INTERNATIONAL messaging not included.

- do i have to add international texting for a fee? what is this fee?

- or is there an additional charge for texting internationally? what is the increase for an international text -vs- a standard CONUS text?

- is there an increased price for texting pictures internationally?

UP TO 35$ ACTIVATION/UPGRADE FEE/LINE; OTHER CHARGES AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

- i understand i will be charged 35$ outright just to get hooked up with prepaid, whatever, that is how verizon works.

- what are these other charges and restrictions?

ROAMING: 20¢ PER MINUTE

- what is defined as roaming? using another network when verizon is unavailable?

- can i disable roaming on the device i plan on getting?

-ALL OF THESE FEES MEAN, BASICALLY, I INCUR FEES AND CHARGES THROUGHOUT THE MONTH?

-THEN WHAT AM I PREPAYING FOR?

-DO I HAVE TO RE-PAY TO COVER ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I INCUR, OR ELSE I WILL BE CHARGED EVEN MORE?

sorry, but i could not find a verizon online chat/help webpage, so i am throwing all of my questions here.

this unlimited plan seems useless and fraudulent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help please
Not applicable

I don't think it's useless and fraudulent at all, but probably not what you would need.

0 Likes