Horrible Reception Issues
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having serious reception issues.  I have been a customer for many years, and I've had no less than 10 Motorola phones.  I have always had good reception too -- that is until recently.  I can't even move a foot to the right or left without dropping a call or the person on the other end telling me they can't hear me.  I also cannot hear them at times.  Additionally, I am experiencing problems everywhere.  Not just at home.  I'm in zip code 44001.

Nothing I have done has helped.  Here is a short list of things I what I have tried so far:

-- I created a support ticket for my 30 day old Motorola G Power, and they sent me a new phone.

-- I reactivated an older G6 phone. 

-- I have turned wifi on and off.

-- I have changed the preferred network in settings to Global and to LTE/CDMA.

-- I have rebooted numerous times.

-- I've used harsh language.

I am very close to leaving Verizon.  This is my last ditch effort before I do so.  Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Reception Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are definitely sad to see you are considering leaving us, and it's our priority that we help you get your service working properly 100%. Please tell us, when did this start? What services are being impacted other than calls? Is this impacting multiple devices at the same location?
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call quality is the only issue I have noticed.  I've tried three different phones, and they all have the same issue.  It's been going on for over 3 months. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, jdh-ohio. Does anything change when you use a headset or speakerphone?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it makes no difference.  Since my initial post, I have activated another older phone.  That makes 4 phones that I have tried, and they all have the same issue.  Call reception is unacceptable.  I just got off the phone, and I could not move more that 2 feet without the other person saying they were losing me.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't move 2 feet.  My daughter, who is also with Verizon, is having trouble with her phone in my home as well.  As I said before, I had many years of good call quality from my home.  I am not in a rural area.  Also, I am also having reception issues regardless of where I am in the county.  This has to be an antenna issue.  Either way, I'm done.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see you have opened 2 different community forum threads for the same issue, jdh-ohio. In order to keep information contained in one place, please only use this thread to reply back. Do you have a prepay account with us? Is this issue happening inside your home? What signal does your phone show? Any issues with texting or using data?

-ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes