How can tourists visiting the US use Verizon?
jetpackuser

Hi,

I am from Germany and will be travelling in the US next year. I am wondering how I could use a Verizon prepaid phone and a Jetpack with a prepaid data plan. On the Verizon website I noticed that I must enter a billing address located in the US to buy a prepaid plan. Does it mean that I cannot use Verizon if I do not have a permanent address in the US? Must I also state an US-address when I try to buy it in a Verizon-store?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Andreas

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can tourists visiting the US use Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jetpackuser-

How exciting that you will be visiting the United States. We are honored that you have thought to use Verizon during your time here. We want to do everything we can to keep you connected while you are abroad. That being said, if you wanted to pre-purchase a prepaid plan, you do need to have a United States address. However, you can start prepaid service as soon as you arrive in the United States. All of our retail stores have prepaid devices, plans, and refill cards available for purchase. Here is a store locator to see if there is one near the city you will be flying into: http://vz.to/1sfqEaz. Additionally, you can give our prepaid experts a call to see if there are any options available to set up service ahead of time. Here is the number to our global department (free from a landline): 00 800-50050099. They can then transfer you to the prepaid department! I hope you find this information beneficial and hope you have a safe trip to the States. 

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jetpackuser-

How exciting that you will be visiting the United States. We are honored that you have thought to use Verizon during your time here. We want to do everything we can to keep you connected while you are abroad. That being said, if you wanted to pre-purchase a prepaid plan, you do need to have a United States address. However, you can start prepaid service as soon as you arrive in the United States. All of our retail stores have prepaid devices, plans, and refill cards available for purchase. Here is a store locator to see if there is one near the city you will be flying into: http://vz.to/1sfqEaz. Additionally, you can give our prepaid experts a call to see if there are any options available to set up service ahead of time. Here is the number to our global department (free from a landline): 00 800-50050099. They can then transfer you to the prepaid department! I hope you find this information beneficial and hope you have a safe trip to the States. 

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jetpackuser

Ok thank you. This information helps.

0 Likes