How do I port my Verizon Prepaid number to a new Verizon contract?
blue2501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now I have the $35 prepaid plan and I'd like to update to a Maxx HD, which is up on Amazon for $20 with a new contract. However, the Amazon page is telling me that my number is not transferable. I don't know what to do here, can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I port my Verizon Prepaid number to a new Verizon contract?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi blue2501,

Getting a new device is always exciting! You are receiving the error message because 4G devices are not compatible with Pre-Pay service. Have you considered a Post-Pay account? For plan options visit:http://vz.to/T8w8iM . I am confident this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I port my Verizon Prepaid number to a new Verizon contract?
blue2501
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am considering a new post pay account, that was exactly the point of my original post. As I said before, i went to amazon.com, selected a phone, selected a new verizon plan, and put in my current number for a port request (which is with verizon prepaid). Amazon's website informed me that my number cannot be ported, and I don't understand why. So, to recap:

What I have:

>a prepaid phone with verizon

>a number that I want to keep

What I want:

>a postpaid account with verizon

>a razr maxx hd

>my phone number

My question:

Why is amazon telling me that my number cannot be ported, when I am going from one plan to another on the same carrier?

0 Likes