How do I stop the message I get before every call?
TennisPlayer9

On the $80/month prepaid unlimited plan, every call begins with a voice announcement of the minutes remaining: "The time available for this call is: Unlimited." How do I turn this announcement off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disable pre-call "time available" announcement - $80/mo. prepaid unlimited plan
howarddavidp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

You can do this from the automated prompts when you call 888-294-6804: (no need to talk to a person)

Option 4

Option 2

Option 3

Option 1

Then choose LOW from the available choices, this disables the pre-call notifications.

Dave

View solution in original post

Re: Disable pre-call "time available" announcement - $80/mo. prepaid unlimited plan
Jherb

Me too.  I'm on the $50 unlimited plan.  I just started my second month and had to get a new phone.  Activated the new one with my existing number and this crappy announcement started on every outgoing call.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Contact customer care at 888-294-6804 and ask them to set your announcement level to Low

howarddavidp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

You can do this from the automated prompts when you call 888-294-6804: (no need to talk to a person)

Option 4

Option 2

Option 3

Option 1

Then choose LOW from the available choices, this disables the pre-call notifications.

Dave

rightynsf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, very much.

0 Likes
ElonVrz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was not able to make calls and was receiving an announcement "Time available - Unlimited, please conta t verizon." 

Re: How do I stop the message I get before every call?
ElonVrz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was not able to make calls. Received the following a message when trying tk 

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the message I get before every call?
ElonVrz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was not able to make calls. Received the following message when trying to make a call "Time available - Unlimited, please contact verizon". 

Called customer service, explained briefly what was happening, and the associate was able to get my phone working to make calls again. Only took a few minutes. Said he had to refresh the account in some way. Really glad he was able to get it operating so fast. Very, very helpful.

0 Likes