Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How do I stop the message I get before every call?
TennisPlayer9

On the $80/month prepaid unlimited plan, every call begins with a voice announcement of the minutes remaining: "The time available for this call is: Unlimited." How do I turn this announcement off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Disable pre-call "time available" announcement - $80/mo. prepaid unlimited plan
howarddavidp

Hello,

You can do this from the automated prompts when you call 888-294-6804: (no need to talk to a person)

Option 4

Option 2

Option 3

Option 1

Then choose LOW from the available choices, this disables the pre-call notifications.

Dave

View solution in original post

Re: Disable pre-call "time available" announcement - $80/mo. prepaid unlimited plan
Jherb

Me too.  I'm on the $50 unlimited plan.  I just started my second month and had to get a new phone.  Activated the new one with my existing number and this crappy announcement started on every outgoing call.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Novice

Contact customer care at 888-294-6804 and ask them to set your announcement level to Low

howarddavidp

Hello,

You can do this from the automated prompts when you call 888-294-6804: (no need to talk to a person)

Option 4

Option 2

Option 3

Option 1

Then choose LOW from the available choices, this disables the pre-call notifications.

Dave

rightynsf

Thank you, very much.

0 Likes
ElonVrz

Was not able to make calls and was receiving an announcement "Time available - Unlimited, please conta t verizon." 

Re: How do I stop the message I get before every call?
ElonVrz

Was not able to make calls. Received the following a message when trying tk 

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the message I get before every call?
ElonVrz

Was not able to make calls. Received the following message when trying to make a call "Time available - Unlimited, please contact verizon". 

Called customer service, explained briefly what was happening, and the associate was able to get my phone working to make calls again. Only took a few minutes. Said he had to refresh the account in some way. Really glad he was able to get it operating so fast. Very, very helpful.

0 Likes