How do I transfer my payment?
CMcDevitt

My previous phone was unable to turn on, I had automatic payments set up for it and it renewed my pre-pay this morning. I bought and activated my new phone today but I am unable to transfer what I just paid a few hours ago, and it wants me to purchase another card at the same price. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching phones-losing payment
Snn5
Legend

You should have activated the phone first then applied the payment.  Anytime a new device is activated, a new payment is required, and payments are not transferable.  I know the call-in instructions state that you can press a number option to hear more about transferring a payment to a new device, but it leads you to the same info....that each device activated requires a new payment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to ensure that you get the assistance needed. For Prepaid accounts, I do suggest reaching out to our Prepaid team at 888-294-6804

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Do you have the same phone number?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should have activated the phone first then applied the payment.  Anytime a new device is activated, a new payment is required, and payments are not transferable.  I know the call-in instructions state that you can press a number option to hear more about transferring a payment to a new device, but it leads you to the same info....that each device activated requires a new payment.

0 Likes