How long can I have an inactive account?
kelly18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have a prepaid plan and I will not adding money to renew my monthly prepaid plan for about 70 days as I will be out of the country. Therefore, I will have an inactive account for >60 days. I am fine with having to choose a new plan when I restart it back up, but will I still have my same phone number? How long could I have an inactive account before I would lose my number?

0 Likes
Re: How long can I have an inactive account?
bearone21
Legend

ccal cs, 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kelly18, I'm right here to help, as I know it is important to have all the information when making changes to your account. I hope you have an enjoyable time out of the country. All prepaid accounts that do not have an activate paying account will lose the phone number after 60 days. So, on the 61st day, your number will be disconnected & it wouldn't be retrievable when you sign back up for prepaid service when you come back from being out of the country for 70 days. I hope this information is beneficial. AliciaD_VZW

MaxM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi thanks, is it 60 days from the last payment or 60 days after the monthly plan ended?

For instance, if I had a monthly plan from 30 April - 30 May, my number will be disconnected on the 61st day after 30 May (i.e. end of July?)

Many thanks

Forla6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to refresh this thread for the last unanswered question that I need currently: "

Hi thanks, is it 60 days from the last payment or 60 days after the monthly plan ended?

For instance, if I had a monthly plan from 30 April - 30 May, my number will be disconnected on the 61st day after 30 May (i.e. end of July?)

Many thanks"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! We certainly don't want to see your number get disconnected. Please tell me are you needing help with your prepaid or postpaid service?  - VCarter_VZW

0 Likes
visser1975

Hello, 

I want to confirm if the 60 rule is still applicable? I have Verizon Prepaid and I shall be out of the country for a month. If I re-activate my number before the 60 day period, will I still retain my number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question! You can most definitely reactivate your Prepaid account if it has been less than 60 days. That would not be a problem.  *Deanna

0 Likes
visser1975

Hello Deanna,

THank you for responding. Is it 60 days from the last payment or 60 days from end of monthly plan?

0 Likes
visser1975

Hello,

Could you please respond to the above question?

0 Likes