How to block unknown numbers?
serenaraew

I keep recieving harassing phone calls from an Unknown number. Every time my significant other answers the phone and puts it on speaker, a man with a heavy Indian accent hangs up abruptly then proceeds to call back 40 minutes later. How do I block unknown calls? I am prepaid, $80 unlimited plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having harassing phone calls can be very frustrating. For our prepaid customers, you can reach out to the prepaid team at 888-294-6804 to explore options to block unknown numbers.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't, as the number is unknown.

There are 3rd party services (like YouMail) that allow you to greet unknown callers with a message asking them to unblock the number, or simply hangs up on them.  If I don't recognize a number, or if it is blocked, I just don't answer, figuring they'll leave avoicemail if it's important.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having harassing phone calls can be very frustrating. For our prepaid customers, you can reach out to the prepaid team at 888-294-6804 to explore options to block unknown numbers.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes