How to cancel verizon prepaid and get refund
abhaya_jaiswal

I need guidance for cancellation of verizon prepaid plan. I have neither made a single call nor used any data from this plan till date.

Background:

Dec 29, 2018:     I purchased a $30 verizon prepaid plan from Target, and activated the same immediately [removed].

But later I decided not to use the same, as I had purchased the same for my mother, but she returned back to her home country.

Dec 31, 2018:     I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that they have initiated a request for cancellation which should take 4-5 days.

For faster resolution, I was recommended to visit Target (as I had purchased from Target).

The executive was not sure about refund process, as verizon did not have card/account details where refund can be processed.

Jan 7, 2019:       I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that cancellation to be initiated by Target and I was asked to visit Target.

The executive explained that since plan was purchased from store, verizon can not process refund (as verizon did not have card/account details)

Jan 13, 2019:       I visited Target (where I had purchased this plan).

I was told that Target does not have a process for cancellation and refund for verizon prepaid plan.

I was explained that Target does not have usage information for this plan.

Thus, I was recommended to contact verizon customer care.

Jan 14, 2019:       I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that cancellation and refund can not be processed, as I had purchased this from target.

I was further told that for online purchased cancellation is possible, but in my situation verizon does not have card/account details where refund can be processed.

I was also informed that same was explained to me during my conversation with verison prepaid customer care executive on Jan 7 2019!!! Also, as per their records, I agreed for the same resolution.

Ofcourse, when I requested for a copy of this record, I was explained that there is no provision of sharing this with customer.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to cancel verizon prepaid and get refund
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can cancel by calling the prepaid customer service number at (888) 294-6804 or not adding funds to your account. Any unspent funds are forfeited.

Prepaid plans and service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Prepaid terms conditions | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for the issues you have experienced with getting this prepaid account canceled and refunded, abhaya_jaiswal. I certainly will be more than happy to review what options we have for this account. I was able to send you a private message. Please feel free to respond to this private message at your earliest convenience so that I can assist further. Thank you.

BrettA_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abhaya_jaiswal

As per suggestion, I had shared my contact details in private message 3 weeks ago.

When should I expect a call back?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I don’t know about a call back, but why would you want to keep waiting for one regarding a request for a refund when Verizon doesn’t offer refunds for prepaid?

Kashyrom

I have bought a prepaid card and would like an refund to pay my regular Verizon phone bill !!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, we want to help in any way that we can. And welcome we are glad you have started a postpay account with us. Just to clarify, you want to cancel a prepay account is that right?

0 Likes