How to use foreign SIM in Verizon Samsung Galaxy J1 Prepaid mobile?
kittu

I bought the Verizon Samsung Galaxy J1 prepaid mobile in USA and moved to India. When I insert the Indian SIM, it says SIM not from Verizon wireless. Now, I would like to use a Indian SIM for using the mobile. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to use foreign SIM in Verizon Samsung Galaxy J1 Prepaid mobile?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kittu,

Help has arrived! Is this device still active on a pre pay account? If not, was the device previously active on a pre pay account prior to you moving to India? Please share more details so that we can better assist you.

EfrainM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kittu

Yes, device still active on a pre pay account.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that information kittu. We want to check a few settings on the device to make sure its set up correctly. If you go into the Settings Menu>Mobile Networks and then under network mode, can you change that to global by chance? Please try those steps and keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kittu

I could find the option under mobile networks, however,it is non editable

field.

On Friday, June 19, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi kittu!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience! Please contact our Global Support Team for additional assistance: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/BPOD-I2400-Toll-Free-Numbers-V5.pdf

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes