I HAVE A PREPAID IPHONE 4 AND MY SERVICE STATES THAT I HAVE 3 WAY CALLING. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CAN USE THE 3 WAY FEATURE?
mjcosca

I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO "MERGE" MY PHONE CALLS BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. I CAN ADD A CALL BUT A RECORDED MESSAGE STATES THAT MY SERVICE IS NOT ALOWING ME TO COMPLETE A 3 WAY CALL. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I CAN OR CANNOT MAKE A THREE WAY CALL EVEN THOUGH IT SHOW ON MY BILL THAT THE FEATURE IS INCLUDED WITH MY PLAN....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I HAVE A PREPAID IPHONE 4 AND MY SERVICE STATES THAT I HAVE 3 WAY CALLING. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CAN USE THE 3 WAY FEATURE?
shocking
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had experience with this exact issue. And yes the service does state that 3 way calling is included with the plan. I have seen it work with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. However, in my experience, when an iPhone on Prepaid has the issue where it cannot merge the two calls, it is impossible to get the issue fixed. The problem has something to do with the usage control triggers like nuisance block. And I am not sure how to change or update those. I have opened multiple NRB tickets for this issue. And the response I get back is that NRB is dealing with Apple Care about the problem. These tickets are still open and are yet to be resolved. The only solution I can think of is to move your service to contract. And to move to contract and keep your number, you would have to have prepaid service for six months. Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

0 Likes
Re: I HAVE A PREPAID IPHONE 4 AND MY SERVICE STATES THAT I HAVE 3 WAY CALLING. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CAN USE THE 3 WAY FEATURE?
mjcosca

Thanks for the inciteful explanation. I just wish the Verizon or Apple rep would have know that information instead of referring me back and forth to each other. All I wanted was a simple yes or no. Thanks again. Yeah... I waiting for my other contract to expire till I fully commit to Verizon.

Sent from me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Although I don't have prepay, when you make the first connection you then click on add and dial the third person. This does function perfectly on my iphone so I could not fathom why your ability to do this would be blocked. If you were to go past your allotment of minutes I am sure verizon would jump right on it to get more money.

You must be in a two way call first. There is a video calling program called oovoo which is available from the itunes store. the app is free and you can have all your friends get it on their phones and computers and connect way more than three people to a call or video. it has free text messaging as well. Sort of like facetime but better.

0 Likes
handset_junkie
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'd imagine something like this would use DATA

0 Likes
handset_junkie
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a problem. Many tickets can and probably will be filed. In my experience with technical support, they took my phone off, switched to one of  their demo iphones, and apparently it worked for them. They said this is a device issue, and recommended contacting apple or get a new iphone, Apple told me that nothing is wrong with the phone.

0 Likes
mjcosca

That seems to be where I am at as well. Wow.... You would think Apple or

Verizon would know how to resolve this issue or give me an explanation. But

that would be too easy.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM, handset_junkie <

0 Likes
handset_junkie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I'm positive theres an answer, whether you have to get the right tech rep, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. I'll ask around

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

not data but minutes. the original poster was trying to make a three way call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the ability to use three way calling is very important to to staying connected with friends and family. If this feature is listed in your prepaid details, you should be able to use it without any issues. I recommend contacting our prepaid department for more information. They can be reached at (888) 294-6804 .

KinquanaH_VZw

0 Likes