I am travelling to Costa Rica next month. How can I use my iPhone with Verizon prepaid service there, and how much will roaming cost?
Minakyn

What do I need to do to use my phone with Verizon prepaid while I am in Costa Rica, or - if nothing - how much will roaming fees cost?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am travelling to Costa Rica next month. How can I use my iPhone with Verizon prepaid service there, and how much will roaming cost?
mama23dogs
Legend

Prepaid plans cannot use roaming in most of the world (this is true for other carriers as well).

International Prepaid Phones & Plans | Verizon Wireless

COsta Rica isn't on the list of included countries. 

HOwever, most Verizon phones are capable of using a local SIM card because they are unlocked by default.

check with support to see if your phone is unlocked and can be used with a local SIM card when you go to Costa Rica.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am travelling to Costa Rica next month. How can I use my iPhone with Verizon prepaid service there, and how much will roaming cost?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How exciting Minakyn. I am so jealous I wish I was going to Costa Rica. Let’s partner up and make sure you stay connected. What model Iphone do you have? Have you reached out to Prepay yet? If not, please reach out to Prepay at 877-777-5759 for eligibility and pricing.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Prepaid plans cannot use roaming in most of the world (this is true for other carriers as well).

International Prepaid Phones & Plans | Verizon Wireless

COsta Rica isn't on the list of included countries. 

HOwever, most Verizon phones are capable of using a local SIM card because they are unlocked by default.

check with support to see if your phone is unlocked and can be used with a local SIM card when you go to Costa Rica.

0 Likes