I have a pre-paid plan; will I be able to add the Apple Watch Series 3 to my pre-paid plan?
rattaom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a pre-paid plan; will I be able to add the Apple Watch Series 3 to my pre-paid plan?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a pre-paid plan; will I be able to add the Apple Watch Series 3 to my pre-paid plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. With regard to your prepaid plan please contact our prepaid department for additional information.

1. Dial 888-294-6804
2. Enter 1 for English.
3. Enter your telephone number.
4. Will advise you your balance.
5. Press option number 2 for anything else.
6. Then listen for option number 7 for other options.
7. Then it will ask you to speak your reason for calling.
8. When it asks for the reason for calling enter the

number 7.
9. Then press option number 3 to speak to a representative.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a pre-paid plan; will I be able to add the Apple Watch Series 3 to my pre-paid plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You could get a separate prepaid plan for the device or convert your line to a postpaid account and then you can add the watch to the account and share your data between the two devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rattaom
Enthusiast - Level 1

So there will be a prepaid plan for the device (the watch) itself?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon Wireless has such an option, I don't see why not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. With regard to your prepaid plan please contact our prepaid department for additional information.

1. Dial 888-294-6804
2. Enter 1 for English.
3. Enter your telephone number.
4. Will advise you your balance.
5. Press option number 2 for anything else.
6. Then listen for option number 7 for other options.
7. Then it will ask you to speak your reason for calling.
8. When it asks for the reason for calling enter the

number 7.
9. Then press option number 3 to speak to a representative.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cmlumley
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, you will not. I just got off the phone with verizon and they told me that you can only share a phone number between an apple watch and phone if you are on a post-paid account. They do not support sharing a phones number/ account with prepaid service. I am trying to do the same thing.

Islandmama
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can’t you just answer yes or no? We ask online so we don’t have to sit on hold forever to ask the same question. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for your frustration with not wanting to be on hold with our Prepaid service for help with your question as it relates to getting an Apple Watch Series 3, Islandmama. Let me help you with your concerns of this question. To have an Apple Watch, you would need a feature of which is called NumberShare of which are not are not available on Prepaid Plans. Here's a link for more details https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/numbershare-faqs/ and please look under #3 about which plans can use this feature. I trust this answer helped with your question.  

EdwinW_VZW

NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@Islandmama wrote:

Why can’t you just answer yes or no? We ask online so we don’t have to sit on hold forever to ask the same question. 

I was wondering why the “correct answer” isnt an answer at all.  @Ann154  Gave the correct reply.   I see its 2 years old.  I do hope i havent left the frying pan (AT&T) only to be into the fire.  
In case anyone wants to know if this is verizon snobbery, its not.  In order for a watch to spoof the phone number of the main phone line, you need to have a software program like number share. AT&T calls it number sync, T-Mobile calls it digits.    The software program requires her to be on a postpaid group plan for it to work. I find AT&T’s number sink is the worst written software program for this function ever. Digits is equally as bad. I was stunned to add a companion device on Verizon and have it just work. Extremely easy to set up, and not a hitch. The software program requires her to be on a postpaid group plan for it to work. I find AT&T‘s number sink is the worst written software program for this function ever. Digits is equally as bad. I was stunned to add a companion device on Verizon and have it just work. Extremely easy to set up, and not a hitch.  
so I only have to worry about their customer service replies. 🤦‍♀️