Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,095 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
I'm getting a message that I have insufficient funds to make a call
PeterSpier

but online I see 198 minutes of 300 remaining. Also seem to drop in an out of service area at random where I've never had service problems before. Started last week and comes and goes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm getting a message that I have insufficient funds to make a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peter Spier, we are sorry to read that you're having issue with your prepaid service. To better assist you, please contact our prepaid team at: 888-294-6804. 

Aaron_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COLSER47

My husband's phone does the same thing, and I was hoping to find a fix here.  The guy at a Verizon store said it was because it would happen on the day Verizon would charge his credit card for the next month.  It's really unfair to treat customers this way.  We are going to write to the company.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COLSER47, we always want your husband to be able to stay connected. Being able to make and receive calls to communicate is vital in today's world. You've certainly come to the right place for help. To better assist, we'd like to ask a few additional questions. Can you tell us when your husband started to experience this problem? What zip code is he located in when he comes across this message?

Samantha_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COLSER47

Thanks.  He has been getting this message from the time he got the phone

and the prepaid plan.  I think it's at least a year.  He definitely gets

this message in the zip code 04963, but he may have used the phone in

other zip codes and had this happen.  I don't know.

0 Likes
PeterSpier

I spent several hours on the phone with two Verizon reps two weeks ago. The first rep gave me the same lame nonsense about the billing cycle, patently ridiculous since the problem happens at all times of the month, until I asked to speak to a supervisor (who I never got). I repeated the same fruitless reprogramming steps several times, and finally the second, "real" tech support person said it must be my phone and I would need to go to a Verizon store. There are apparently no longer any phones available for my $15 plan, so in essence I was told we won't support you on this plan and we want more money.

No thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colleen47, thank you so much for contacting us with the further information that we needed. We will make sure that you will have the answers needed to fix your husbands device. You stated that he has Prepaid, is this correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your time and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, PeterSpier. I understand this is important for you and our goal is for you to have a working device. I would like to look into this further and get a second opinion on this issue. I sent you a private message so we can continue working on this issue together. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Gerson_VZW

0 Likes