I'm going to switch to a pay as you go Verizon plan from my current plan. Is it possible to retain my existing Verizon telephone number?
Savsmith

I'm going to switch to a pay as you go Verizon plan from my current plan.  Is it possible to retain my existing Verizon telephone number?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm going to switch to a pay as you go Verizon plan from my current plan. Is it possible to retain my existing Verizon telephone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Savsmith. More often than not, we've had these phone numbers for a long time, so it definitely helps to be able to retain your number.

Savsmith, you should be able to retain your number when porting over, though there can be some cases where it is not possible. (Usually if you are trying to move a number that came from a different provider)

You may always stop by your local direct Verizon Wireless store for assistance, and or, we can help review your account to make sure that your number can be switched to a prepaid account.

If you'd like us to look over this information with you, please send us a Direct Message when you have a moment. I have sent a Follow Request to you as well.

Thank you Savsmith, we look forward to working with you. Have a great day!

- NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Re: I'm going to switch to a pay as you go Verizon plan from my current plan. Is it possible to retain my existing Verizon telephone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Savsmith. More often than not, we've had these phone numbers for a long time, so it definitely helps to be able to retain your number.

Savsmith, you should be able to retain your number when porting over, though there can be some cases where it is not possible. (Usually if you are trying to move a number that came from a different provider)

You may always stop by your local direct Verizon Wireless store for assistance, and or, we can help review your account to make sure that your number can be switched to a prepaid account.

If you'd like us to look over this information with you, please send us a Direct Message when you have a moment. I have sent a Follow Request to you as well.

Thank you Savsmith, we look forward to working with you. Have a great day!

- NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Savsmith

Thanks for your help.  My current plan is with Verizon so the possibility of retaining my existing telephone number seems fairly likely.  My current contract expires in May of this year so I think I will wait till then to pursue this further.  Thanks again!!

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Savsmith

It's our pleasure to assist you!  Do you mind sharing the reason you've decided to switch your current post paid service over to prepaid?  I would like to see if we have other options for you.  Let me know.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Savsmith

I currently have a Verizon plan with limited talk time and a home phone.  Each costs me around $30 to $35 per month.  When my current Verizon plan expires in May, I intend to discontinue the home phone service and go to a prepaid Verizon plan with more talk time and text time.  I've been told the most economical Verizon plan for this is a prepaid plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted Savsmith! We understand the importance of benefiting from the best deal, especially in this economy! What plan are you on now? How much usage do you average? http://bit.ly/MctgBe

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
04paula
Enthusiast - Level 3

better make sure its not a 4g phone you have or you are crap out of luck and it seems all Verizon employees are avoiding the when can our 4g phones work...I suggest checking all pre paid carriers in your area first

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

04paula, we would never avoid our customers. At this time, we haven't been advised when 4G devices will be compatible with our prepay service. However, please click  http://vz.to/1hCP6KW to view our currently offered 3G devices that will work.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
04paula
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ty for responding im switching both husbsnds anx mine to straightalk who

now has away for me to use my 4 g...hope someday when verizon has no

customers they should had listen to there peepps...plus im goning to save

around 73 a month. Your loss is my gain

On Feb 26, 2014 3:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing a valued customer is never a good proposition for us 04paula. We would appreciate the opportunity to review the best possible options to keep you. Please follow us and send us a PM.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes