I've Spent 13 Hours on Hold to Fix a Failed Activation, Can Someone Please Help Me?
cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered 2 prepaid lines on new SIMs and phones 2 days ago. Both were porting numbers over. Both numbers "Failed Activation" and so the ports also failed.

I spent 8 hours on the phone yesterday to finally get a Prepaid Support Engineer on to fix my main line. At 9pm last night, he ran out of time. He promised to call me back this morning to fix my wife's line - no one called.

I've been on hold for 5 hours today. I got to Prepaid Tech Support 3 times - and they hung up every time.

Can someone at VZW PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I've Spent 13 Hours on Hold to Fix a Failed Activation, Can Someone Please Help Me?
cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

The port center couldn't do anything because the numbers failed activation so there was no Account Number for the port center to reference.

Terrence Johnson at the store here in University City (Charlotte) spent 90 minutes with me and got it working. We're seeing random wierdness with my wife's SMS service, some messages appear to come from the correct ported number, others appear to come from the local number they issued her temporarily. We'll revisit the store at some point next week to figure that one out.

As for your reply, I don't buy it.

- You had a system upgrade 3 weeks ago that stopped regular Customer Service from even seeing prepaid accounts at all, rendering powerless the only live people you can get on the phone. Also, this "upgrade" also means that Customer Service can no longer perform attended transfers to Prepaid support, only blind transfers - which is how Prepaid Support is getting away with hanging up on customers.

- The IVR for the published Prepaid Support number has been gamed to make it impossible to get a live person on the phone. My own repeated testing of the call routing logic made this clear to me.

Good phone service, non-existent customer service if you're prepaid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I've Spent 13 Hours on Hold to Fix a Failed Activation, Can Someone Please Help Me?
cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still on hold...

0 Likes
cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still here....

cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been on hold for 7.5 hours at this point.

cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was still on hold - 10 hours. Finally got "Our centers are closed." and it hung up. I'll try a corporate-owned store tomorrow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we ever want you to have. Your time is valuable to us and we want you to have a working device. Have you been able to process the activation? What happens when you try to activate the device? ~Gina

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

7.5 hours is far too long for you having to hold.  I would be just as frustrated and I personally have better things to do with my time than sit on hold.  I do want to apologize that you have had so many headaches getting your devices to work.  Since there are failed Ports I would recommend reaching out to our Port Center directly.  You can contact them at 888-844-7095, Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM ET, Sat 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET, Sun 10:00 AM - 8:00P M ET.  They would be the next best course of action to get this resolved. -Santo

0 Likes
cgoodwin73
Enthusiast - Level 2

The port center couldn't do anything because the numbers failed activation so there was no Account Number for the port center to reference.

Terrence Johnson at the store here in University City (Charlotte) spent 90 minutes with me and got it working. We're seeing random wierdness with my wife's SMS service, some messages appear to come from the correct ported number, others appear to come from the local number they issued her temporarily. We'll revisit the store at some point next week to figure that one out.

As for your reply, I don't buy it.

- You had a system upgrade 3 weeks ago that stopped regular Customer Service from even seeing prepaid accounts at all, rendering powerless the only live people you can get on the phone. Also, this "upgrade" also means that Customer Service can no longer perform attended transfers to Prepaid support, only blind transfers - which is how Prepaid Support is getting away with hanging up on customers.

- The IVR for the published Prepaid Support number has been gamed to make it impossible to get a live person on the phone. My own repeated testing of the call routing logic made this clear to me.

Good phone service, non-existent customer service if you're prepaid.

0 Likes