Is There A Charge To Unlock A Moto g4?
ginamaria

Is there a charge to unlock a moto g4 after 1 year of service or $75 in payments have been made, according to the Verizon unlocking policy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charge for unlocking a phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ginamaria,

Having all the information you need regarding your phone is a must. The Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box will be unlocked free of charge once the minimum prepaid term or service payment has been completed. To do this, you must contact Prepaid Customer Service at 888-294-6804.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon phones are not locked. 

0 Likes
ginamaria

I have a prepaid phone-in-the-box, and on the back of the box it says the phone can only be used as prepaid for 1 year or until I have paid $75 for service..went to the link on the box and this is what it said....

• We do not lock our 4G devices, other than our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones. In order to partially offset the subsidy we provide to make our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones more affordable to service customers, our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account.
  • Once either of these criteria is satisfied, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone, or (888) 294-6804, and we will provide you with programming instructions so you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call the prepaid customer service number at 1.888.294.6804 to ask them. Most of the community members here only have postpaid accounts or phones that purchased elsewhere. Even the VZW reps that roam this community won't know the answer as they can only assist with postpaid account questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Prepaid is different animal, and support much more difficult to come buy. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ginamaria,

Having all the information you need regarding your phone is a must. The Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box will be unlocked free of charge once the minimum prepaid term or service payment has been completed. To do this, you must contact Prepaid Customer Service at 888-294-6804.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes