Is there an online list of smart phones supported ("eligible") for Prepaid plans?
Zach99

I have browsed all over VW's web site and found a question answering the question "Can I use my iPhone on prepaid plan?" (No, Dang it!)

So, without wasting time on a call to sales, where can I look for which smart phones ARE supported on prepaid plan? Other than the ones Verizon wants to sell me?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there an online list of smart phones supported ("eligible") for Prepaid plans?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you browse through the Prepaid Plans space here? Several people have asked about specific phones and have gotten answers.

The theme I have seen so far, is all of the models that work are 3G only smartphones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Is there an online list of smart phones supported ("eligible") for Prepaid plans?
Not applicable

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do

Put in your device ID and it will tell you what plans you can use it on.

Ann154, yeah only 3G devices and I'm sure if Verizon was allowed to block 4G access on 4G phones they would let people use them on the smartphone plans, but the FCC won't allow that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Zach99. Thanks to the community for your input. Here's a list of our prepaid devices and plans...http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/prepaid.html I hope this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KarenGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi ChaunceyM_VZW,

I have the same question as Zach99 and your link (unless there is something wrong with it, or my computer) does not take one to a complete list of smartphones (old or new) that one can purchase to use on the Verizon prepaid smartphone plan.  There are only 2 phones listed to purchase. If you use the link to activate a phone you already have, you need to have the phone already!

I, like Zach99 (and probably many others), would like a greater choice of a decent smartphone for a reasonable price.  And, unfortunately, paying full price is not reasonable.

So, is there a complete list of smartphones, somewhere, that can be used on the Verizon prepaid smartphone plan?

Thank you, KarenGS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey KarenGS! I really like the idea of a published list of devices that can be used with our Prepaid devices! Sorry to say that it has not been developed or posted publically. I can say this, though: There are very few exceptions to the Prepaid compatibility matrix. Most devices that will work on postpaid plans will also work on prepaid plans. The best way to be sure of any specific devices you may have is to click this link: http://vz.to/T2PvGR. When you get there, click "Already Have a Device?" and follow the steps.

As you will see, it has an entry field for the Device ID number. Just drop that number in, and the feature will let you know if that specific device is okay to use now on a prepaid plan!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
WixiePixie

Call me crazy, but I guess I'd like to know if a phone is compatible before I buy it. Wouldn't I have to own the phone in order to know its device ID number?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

WixiePixie wrote:

Call me crazy, but I guess I'd like to know if a phone is compatible before I buy it. Wouldn't I have to own the phone in order to know its device ID number?

The Device ID number or MEID/IMEI number is unique to each device. So, yes, you would need to either have the device in hand or get the seller to give it to you so you can check it and verify it is a clean ESN before purchasing the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes