Is there anyway I can get an upgrade even though I'm on a prepaid plan? Ive been with verizon for years.
jennojuice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a loyal customer to Verizon. I am still contemplating switching to a bill instead of prepaid but in the mean time I was wondering if Verizon had a way for prepaid customers to get upgrades.

Labels (1)
Re: Is there anyway I can get an upgrade even though I'm on a prepaid plan? Ive been with verizon for years.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid customers pay full retail price for their devices. They don't have "upgrades" available on their account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyway I can get an upgrade even though I'm on a prepaid plan? Ive been with verizon for years.
Not applicable

That makes no sense. People get subsidized upgrades because they are agreeing to a 2 year contract. You don't have contract with pre-paid so no you can't get a discounted phone for pre-paid. And if you go on postpaid you might want to re-think about taking that subsidized upgrade because you must realize you are locked into a 2 year contract and you won't get to upgrade before then. Unless you need more than 6.5 GB of data I'm not sure why you would switch from pre-paid.

0 Likes