Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Keep phone number
travis1776

My wife has a prepaid cell phone right now with verizon.  We are looking to upgrade for her.  If I add my wife's phone to my account and get a family plan, can she keep her current number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Keep phone number
Minniehaha

As long as she has had the prepaid cell for 6 months or more she can transfer it over to a contract and keep her prepaid cell number.  If she had the prepaid for less than 6 months she would not be able to transfer the prepaid phone or keep the number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Minniehaha

As long as she has had the prepaid cell for 6 months or more she can transfer it over to a contract and keep her prepaid cell number.  If she had the prepaid for less than 6 months she would not be able to transfer the prepaid phone or keep the number.

0 Likes
RadicalYue

It's called a "prepaid to postpay conversion"

you need to speak to telesales or go into a direct VZW store.

0 Likes
travis1776

Thanks for the help.  The representative I spoke with earlier told me it could not be done, she would have to get a new phone number.  I didn't buy that, it's a Verizon phone, why couldn't they just move the number over.

0 Likes
brimarieg
To transfer your wife's number from prepaid to post pay the phone number and phone will need to have been active on prepaid for 6 months before they will allow it to be moved over. If the number has been active for 6 months, but the phone has not you'll be required to get a new phone.
0 Likes