LG Optimus Exceed 2 prepaid phone
joseph77

Can I use the LG Optimus Exceed 2 prepaid phone on a post paid Verizon contract.

The exceed 2 is a Verizon phone but I read in an Android forum that it had to be used as a prepaid contract phone for six months before it could be used on a post paid plan.

I hope to be able to buy this phone and have Verizon swap sims so my son can use it on his line in my family plan.

I hope this is in the right thread and thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Optimus Exceed 2 prepaid phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're definitely in the right place for the answers you're looking for joseph77. You can absolutely use any Verizon Wireless phone on a post paid account. You are also correct about the 6 month term before you can use it on a post paid account. The phone must be active on prepaid before postpaid.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're definitely in the right place for the answers you're looking for joseph77. You can absolutely use any Verizon Wireless phone on a post paid account. You are also correct about the 6 month term before you can use it on a post paid account. The phone must be active on prepaid before postpaid.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
gillyboty36

Is there a way that Verizon could unlock the boot loader for this phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unlikely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gillyboty36

How about LG?

0 Likes
Not applicable

No. No reason to unlock the bootloader.

0 Likes