Larger touchscreen phones for prepaid plan?
veriguud
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Verizon $50.00 monthly prepaid plan for almost a month.  I like the plan except for one thing.  The screen size of the phones.  I have the largest available which is the LG Extravert.  I'm a senior on a low fixed income, and I have some visual problems due to MS.  It would really be nice if at least one touchscreen phone with a screen display size of at least 3.5 inches is added to the plan's available phones. [Can read my IPOD Touch 4th generation much better due to the size of the display screen.]  I certainly would pay the cost for such a touchscreen phone that works with my present plan.  Otherwise, I am very pleased with my plan and service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Larger touchscreen phones for prepaid plan?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

most phones with that screen size are smart phones, and would require the $80 plan

i dont know of any non data phones that would work

0 Likes
Larger touchscreen phones for prepaid plan?
veriguud
Enthusiast - Level 1

T-Mobile, A&T, and even Walmart has at least one smartphone with such a screen size available for their $50.00 monthly prepaid plans.  Would be nice if Verizon has at least one, too.

0 Likes
veriguud
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry.  Meant to add the following to my original question.

T-Mobile, A&T, and even Walmart has at least one smartphone with such a screen size available for their $50.00 monthly prepaid plans.  Would be nice if Verizon has at least one, too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't see Verizon offering smartphones on the $50 plan any time soon. They just now added the LG Enlighten which is 3.2" inches and the HTC Rhyme which is 3.7" to the $80 plan to go along with the Samsung Illusion which is 3.5". So if you want a larger phone you'll have to either get the $80 plan or go with one of those other carriers. Not sure why they don't allow the Samsung Brightside on the $50 plan. It's 3.1" Or the Pantech Hotshot which is 3.2" inches. They are both basic phones. Maybe eventually.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $50 prepaid plan is for feature phones only. If you want a smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network then you would switch to the $80 prepaid smartphone plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

The $50 prepaid plan is for feature phones only. If you want a smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network then you would switch to the $80 prepaid smartphone plan.

I don't think they want a smartphone. I think they want a phone with a large screen because their eyesight isn't that good. Both the Brightside and Hotshot are feature phones. Why couldn't they be on pre-paid $50 plan?

veriguud
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brian definitely gets it.  The main quest is for larger screen size due to eyesight.  I like my present plan and services. Just would like a larger screen size.

0 Likes