Looking for call and message blocking for verizon.
MWhite888

I have been searching for call and message blocking for my husband's verizon phone for over an hour.  Found three different ways of doing it but all are outdated.  Even viewed a video saying that it was under "I want..." on myverizon home page but my page doesn't have the screen they show.  Please help.  He is getting 3 or 4 numbers coming in from telemarketers, etc., that won't stop.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Looking for call and message blocking for verizon.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want the free service where you can block up to five numbers for 90 days, log into your on-line MyVerizon account (assuming you are the Account Owner).  Look under 'I Want To ...' (in red on left) then under 'Plan' and click on Block Calls and Messages.  At the top of the page, choose the line that needs the blocks added.  Scroll to the bottom, add the number(s), and click Submit.

0 Likes
MWhite888

I've seen screen shots of this page you are referring to, but when I got to myverizon.com, log in, I don't see that screen and there is nothing on left or right in that says "I want to..." in red or not.  Don't understand the problem.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're logged in as the Account Owner and viewing it from your computer?  What do you see when you log in?

I don't know if the prepaid web site is different or not, so ... if you are prepay, that could be it.

0 Likes
MWhite888

You may be right.  I did find a suggestion to go to vzw.com/safeguards.  I went there, logged in, and it looked promising.  It had a button to click to access blocking capabilities, but when I clicked it, it read something like "this service is currently unavailable.  Try again later."  Maybe the service is just down right now.  Thank you for responding to my question.  I guess I'll just try it again tomorrow.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If by 'safeguards' you mean the Usage Controls, yes, it includes blocking and costs $4.99 a month.

By the way, just to double-check, I just went to the web site and had no problem at all blocking a number.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the screen shot; however, you didn't mask out your personal info., so I've reported it to the Mods to delete that private info. 'cause you don't want to post that in a public forum!

I did see that you were accessing it via ebillpay.  I've never used that, but wonder if that could be the culprit?  Have you tried logging into MyVerizon by going to www.verizonless.com and seeing if you can then follow what I wrote earlier?

MWhite888

By the way, I am prepay.  The web site vzw.com/safeguard brought me to a screen that said "call and message blocking - free".  That's the one that said it was temporarily unable to allow me to access it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would think that the difference is that your prepay, then.  Hopefully it's just a temp 'site down' issue.  I'd suggest that if you still have trouble accessing it later on today or tomorrow, that you call Customer Service and see what the issue is.

0 Likes
MWhite888

Thank you for reminding me about the personal info.  I presume you mean www.myverizonwireless.com?  I'll try it.

0 Likes