Lost hotspot use on prepaid
Jonathan0895

Earlier this year (six months ago) I upgraded my prepaid plan to the $80 a month unlimited by suggestion of Verizon sales representatives in store, because I had been using WiFi hotspot on my previous prepaid plan of $40 a month, which caused me to often have to buy additional data before the end of the month cycle.  Verizon sales reps told me this included hotspot data, and I agreed to switch plans.  Since then, up until October 20 this year, I had no issues with data or WiFi hotspot.  October 20, my hotspot stopped working.  Upon visiting the store, thinking maybe my phone Wifi capabilities had failed, or there was another issue, sales representatives were unable to solve the problem and, after almost an hour, discovered that Verizon had turned off my WiFi capabilities because I used too much data for that month.  I was informed, at that time, by a Verizon representative contacted by calling *611, that my WiFi capabilities would return as normal when the plan renewed the 3rd of the following month.  Upon waiting until the plan renewed, and, making yet another payment of $80 on time, I still had no operable WiFi hotspot.  Upon spending almost 2 hours on the phone with Verizon, I was finally informed that the initial plan I enrolled for 6 months ago, never included the WiFi hotspot capability because it was a prepaid account, and that I never should have had WiFi hotspot capability in the first place.  I would no longer be able to have WiFi hotspot capability on that plan, but I could drop to a $60 a month plan unlimited and have 10G data for WiFi hotspot usage.  I originally accepted the $80 a month plan because I was informed by Verizon that it included WiFi hotspot data.  They let me have WiFi capability for 6 months.  Only because one month I use too much data, now I am not allowed to have WiFi hotspot anymore?  Verizon informed me that the sales reps should have never offered me that plan, that they were well aware prepaid does NOT provide hotspot data unlimited on ANY plan, and that the sales reps are trained in that, they should have known.  I contacted the sales representative that originally convinced me to switch to the $80 a month plan, and she and two other sales reps told me that they are NOT informed of that information on prepaid accounts and that they have never heard of such a thing before.  Verizon didn't like the fact that I used too much data that month. If my plan did not originally come with WiFi hotspot capability, then why was I told by Verizon on October 20 that my data would renew and my hotspot would be working again when I renewed the account on the 3rd, if I was not supposed to have WiFi capability in the first place?  They should have caught that a long time ago. They need to quit pointing the finger at someone else in the network and quit lying to their customers or falsely leading them into believing something Verizon is afraid to honor, or thinks they can change whenever they feel like it.  I promise you, I am only getting started.  I can go somewhere else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost hotspot use on prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonathan0895,

We understand your concern and I assure you it weas never our intention to cause this frustration. We do not have ccess to Prepaid account details on this forum. I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonathan0895,

We understand your concern and I assure you it weas never our intention to cause this frustration. We do not have ccess to Prepaid account details on this forum. I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VRuss

In July I switched to the $80 unlimited everything pre pay plan. Earlier this month I found that I was not able to use my phone as a hotspot. Had no problems with that til then. I assumed it was my laptop, but after calling Verizon, I was informed that they had upgraded their system, or something to that effect , and that I couldn't use my hotspot with that plan. It was suggested that I switch to the $60 10g limit plan, and the hotspot would work. I did and it does. I thought unlimited meant unlimited. Apparently not, in this instance. Oh well, it's saving me $20 per month.

0 Likes