Minimum term for purchase of an iPhone 7+ prepaid plan
fgolz

Dear Care,

can I buy an iPhone 7 (paying the full retail price) at one of your stores and use it with your prepaid plan?

Is there a minimum term I must use the Verizon plan?

Asking because I only will be staying in the US for five months and then leave to Germany, where I would like to continue using the phone.

So in summary is the purchase and usage of the phone connected to a Verizon prepaid plan?

Regards

Flo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Minimum term for purchase of an iPhone 7+ prepaid plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. Let's make sure you are all set with your purchase and service needs. With regard to using the device in Germany do you know what carrier you will be using there? This would vary based on the network that carrier uses due our network using CDMA towers. If this is not available in that area you may not be able to use the device in Germany.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fgolz

Hi Jasper,

thanks for your quick reply. In Germany we use GSM towers.

The iPhone should be the A 1660 Model, which supports the CDMA and GSM standard.

So would the phone I can purchase at one of your stores be an A1660 model?

If so, is there a lock or can I use my german carrier sim card when I return to Germany?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fgolz,

Your visit to the United States sounds exciting! We want to make sure you have all the answers to your questions. All of our 4G phones are already unlocked, so there would not be anything Verizon Wireless would need to do to unlock the device. You can learn more about our unlocking policy here: http://vz.to/2dLFdgs   Please contact your local carrier in Germany to make sure that the iPhone version you plan to purchase while here in the United States, will work for you back home. All iPhones that can be purchased at the store are right here on our website as well:  http://vz.to/2wAiz6t 

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes