Motorola Droid? (sorry if repost)
Mackenzie14

I am going to buy my friend's Motorola Droid off of him tomorrow as long as I can activate it for monthly prepaid smartphone service. I tried searching for this topic in the forum before posting this in order to avoid an obnoxious repost but I only found one outdated thread and it wasn't very helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh also, when my friend upgraded to the Thunderbolt we decided to mess around with his Droid to see what kind of fun we could have with it, and it is now rooted. Would I have to reverse this in order to activate it for prepaid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid? (sorry if repost)
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

You can activate a Droid on the monthly prepaid plans, but you will also have to purchase an unlimited data plan for smartphones.  The monthly prepaid plans are identical to Verizon's contract offerings, but they cost slightly more.  Unless you have bad credit, or a specific reason for not wanting a contract account, you will save around $5/month by choosing to sign up for a "month-to-month" postpaid plan rather than a prepaid monthly plan.

The modification you've made to your phone isn't a permissable topic of discussion on these boards, since it goes against Verizon policy.  You'll be better off to ask that question wherever you found the info to do what you did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid? (sorry if repost)
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

You can activate a Droid on the monthly prepaid plans, but you will also have to purchase an unlimited data plan for smartphones.  The monthly prepaid plans are identical to Verizon's contract offerings, but they cost slightly more.  Unless you have bad credit, or a specific reason for not wanting a contract account, you will save around $5/month by choosing to sign up for a "month-to-month" postpaid plan rather than a prepaid monthly plan.

The modification you've made to your phone isn't a permissable topic of discussion on these boards, since it goes against Verizon policy.  You'll be better off to ask that question wherever you found the info to do what you did.

0 Likes