Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
My account is locked and my phone is broken
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

So, my phone fell in prepaid phone fell in water. I tried to get into my account, but ended up getting it locked. In order to unlock it, they want to send me a temporary password through a text message. I can't get texts; my phone is destroyed. I don't even know how to contact them so I created a new account here to ask this question.

Can I just get a new phone. A friend of mine has a moto x, the exact same phone I had. So can I just buy that from him and register it? If I do that will I be able to keep my number? W.T.F am I supposed to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: My account is locked and my phone is broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with your online account device! Is your phone a PrePay phone, or are you also on a PrePay account? If so, you can reach out to PrePay for assistance in activating your phone at 1-888-294-6804 and then follow these prompts in order: 4, 6, 4.  This will get you to a live person quickly!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with your online account device! Is your phone a PrePay phone, or are you also on a PrePay account? If so, you can reach out to PrePay for assistance in activating your phone at 1-888-294-6804 and then follow these prompts in order: 4, 6, 4.  This will get you to a live person quickly!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Thank you for a response. I just had no idea what to do or how to contact someone without my phone. I will definitely try that number and see if that helps.

0 Likes