Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale

I bought a new phone direct from Moto. It needs a nano SIM. My current phone (bought from Verizon) has a micro SIM.

I have seen answers from other questions that I should be able to go to Verizon store and get a new sim free.

My other question would be, can I go to Walmart and buy a SIM activation kit? My worry is that because it is not just a SIM but also one month worth of funds. The kit is $50. Will these funds be applied to my current number/account or will it only activate as a new number/account?

Because the last time I bought a new phone from Verizon online I was forced to make a new number/account (maybe because I moved) and I had to beg on the phone to transfer my existing funds to the new account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale

First called Verizon just to see what they say. Said to go to a store since I had one nearby. Went into official Verizon store (made an appointment on the website first, maybe helps I don't know)

They gave me a Sim card free and activate it to my existing prepaid account. Felt like I was less than 10 minutes. Popped the SIM in so fast I almost missed it lol.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale

First called Verizon just to see what they say. Said to go to a store since I had one nearby. Went into official Verizon store (made an appointment on the website first, maybe helps I don't know)

They gave me a Sim card free and activate it to my existing prepaid account. Felt like I was less than 10 minutes. Popped the SIM in so fast I almost missed it lol.

0 Likes