Need to activate Replacement SIM card
dropcall2021
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many issues with Service. Was told to get a new SIM card & then install & call *611 so Verizon can transfer info from old to new card.  I received it today, installed it. Called *911 & after a long waste of my time robo message,  learned tech support is closed. (I thought it was 24/7? Aren't employees working from home?) I tried other Verizon numbers but only get message my call is being transferred to outside operator to used credit card or collect to complete call & also heard: "You are Roaming.”
I am NOT paying a penny for roaming when I am trying to get the Verizon service I pay for to work!

I cannot find how to activate the new SIM card fan my Version account online. I saw a post with a link to enter new SIM info but the link does not work.

How do I activate my replacement SIM card?
This is very irritating.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to activate Replacement SIM card
dropcall2021
Enthusiast - Level 2

NicholasS_VZW was able to activate the new SIM card for me. 

Apparently this cannot be done by the customer from the website. you need a Verizon agent to do it for you.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sometimes you will need an agent to activate a new SIM card on your line. Please, Private Message us for an agent to take a look. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
dropcall2021
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicholas,

I went to messages & tried to send a message to you:
NicholasS_VZW

The system could not find you so IDK who to send the message to.

0 Likes
dropcall2021
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed a typo in my post.

Should read:

"I received it today, installed it. Called *611 & after a long waste of my time robo message, learned tech support is closed."

0 Likes
dropcall2021
Enthusiast - Level 2

NicholasS_VZW was able to activate the new SIM card for me. 

Apparently this cannot be done by the customer from the website. you need a Verizon agent to do it for you.

RandyWalters
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar experience.   I have been having an ongoing problem most of the time when placing a call (very often getting a message that "You don't have enough money on your account" even though i am definitely all paid up every month and am on Auto-Pay).   I had posted a thread about it on this forum and a CSR had me PM my info to him but i never heard back and a week later the problem had not been fixed.   

So i called and actually got ahold of a helpful CSR,  she walked me through some procedures and menus on my LG phone but everything seemed ok to her, so then said she'll send me a replacement SIM card as that should fix my problem.   I received the new SIM card yesterday.  

Last night (8:30 pm) when i swapped the new SIM into my phone and tried to place a call,  i also got the message that my call is being transferred to outside operator to used credit card or collect to complete call & also heard: "You are Roaming.”   I restarted the phone and this time i got a pop-up message telling me my "phone is being activated - do not turn off",  but the activation failed,  then it also showed a phone number to call (800) 922-0204.

I called that number,  followed the prompts to get me to the right activation section, and the automated robot lady had me read off the 20 digit  ICCID number shown on the sleeve that the SIM came in, and within a few minutes my activation was successful.   I didn't have to actually speak to a live person.   

So anyone reading this thread and having the same problem getting their new replacement SIM Card activated,  maybe just call that 800 number and see if you can self-activate it like i did. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RandyWalters, I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how important it is to keep you connected. We regret reading about the issues with service and receiving support. We hope to regain your confidence in future interactions. It is pleasing to read that you were provided with a resolution to ensure that you stay connected. Thank you for your feedback. 

0 Likes
Sebastianc
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi. I need activate replacement SIM card I purchased today.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work together and get your new SIM card going so that you can stay connected. We've sent a private note. Please meet us there so we can continue. ~Gina

0 Likes