New Verizon Plan vs 5GB Prepaid Plan
JOSRAP16

I have an old expensive data plan and I want to change to either a 5GB Prepaid Plan or possibly the New Verizon Plan. I went to my local Verizon store yesterday and the rep could not understand why I would consider a Prepaid Plan vs the New Verizon Plan, currently I pay $84/month for an old plan, the New Verizon Plan looks to be $48/month for 2GB and Prepaid Plan looks to be $50/month for more 5GB data/month. I have an old IPhone 5S that I will likely be upgrading to a new iPhone7+ or I will wait for the next Apple phone. What are scenarios that would make the New Verizon Plan the better choice vs a Prepaid that give me more data and no contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Plan vs 5GB Prepaid Plan
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon does not offer contracts any more. 

You have another option. 

5GB for $55 | Verizon Wireless

The benefit is a regular postpaid bill and ability to use Device payments to buy a new phone. 

0 Likes
JOSRAP16

This is an option, if I am on autopay, payment shouldn't be an issue, unless you know otherwise, secondly, if I was to buy a new phone I would have the option of paying it off in 24 monthly installments. I am missing anything else.

Regards,

Joe

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes.  The $55 plan is postpaid so you can use device payment plan.  The other issues are related to extras.  If you travel, you have to have postpaid plans to use the roaming plans. 

0 Likes
JOSRAP16

By travel, you mean International? Also Walmart has a 7GB prepaid plan for $50/month, quite impressive.

Joe

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes.  International travel plans can only be added to postpaid.

0 Likes
klang123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I visited Walmart and noticed they show go90 was part of that Pre-Paid package, that is different!

0 Likes
JOSRAP16

They also offer a similar 5gb and 10gb prepaid plan but they add 2gb to each plan.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes