No Answer-Call Forwarding
mjgh06

I am on the $1.99 daily use prepaid plan.  The plan comes with a feature to transfer calls that are not answered to another number.  I activated the feature and then I was billed the daily usage 1.99 fee when I never answered a call or used my phone.  There was a call unanswered through the feature use fro the day only.  My question is from what I read you are only to be charged the 1.99 fee if you make or accept a call.  So why was I charged the fee?  Isn't this the same as if the call went to voicemail?  Secondly - if it is a feature issue, if I turned the feature off, would I be charged if I never use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail?  If that is the case, I will definitely cancel my service because I am not going to pay for days I don't use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail - I have no control over that.  I can only control if I answer or use my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Answer-Call Forwarding
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mjgh06 wrote:

I am on the $1.99 daily use prepaid plan.  The plan comes with a feature to transfer calls that are not answered to another number.  I activated the feature and then I was billed the daily usage 1.99 fee when I never answered a call or used my phone.  There was a call unanswered through the feature use fro the day only.  My question is from what I read you are only to be charged the 1.99 fee if you make or accept a call.  So why was I charged the fee?  Isn't this the same as if the call went to voicemail? No, it's not.  If you forward the call, it counts as an incoming and an outgoing call - it's as if your phone made a call.

Secondly - if it is a feature issue, if I turned the feature off, would I be charged if I never use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail?  No, you are only charged for retrieving the voicemail, I believe.   If that is the case, I will definitely cancel my service because I am not going to pay for days I don't use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail - I have no control over that.  I can only control if I answer or use my phone. By forwarding, you are "using the phone" - you are better off letting calls go to voicemail in this case.

If I am mistaken on any of this for pre-paid, I hope someone with more knowledge than I can chime in. 

View solution in original post

Re: No Answer-Call Forwarding
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mjgh06 wrote:

I am on the $1.99 daily use prepaid plan.  The plan comes with a feature to transfer calls that are not answered to another number.  I activated the feature and then I was billed the daily usage 1.99 fee when I never answered a call or used my phone.  There was a call unanswered through the feature use fro the day only.  My question is from what I read you are only to be charged the 1.99 fee if you make or accept a call.  So why was I charged the fee?  Isn't this the same as if the call went to voicemail? No, it's not.  If you forward the call, it counts as an incoming and an outgoing call - it's as if your phone made a call.

Secondly - if it is a feature issue, if I turned the feature off, would I be charged if I never use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail?  No, you are only charged for retrieving the voicemail, I believe.   If that is the case, I will definitely cancel my service because I am not going to pay for days I don't use my phone but someone calls and it goes to voicemail - I have no control over that.  I can only control if I answer or use my phone. By forwarding, you are "using the phone" - you are better off letting calls go to voicemail in this case.

If I am mistaken on any of this for pre-paid, I hope someone with more knowledge than I can chime in.