No credit for extra data with Autopay
BlackArrow

I am signed up for the $45 per month prepaid plan and I signed up for autopay. On the website, it says you get 1GB of bonus data every month if you sign up for autopay with a valid credit card. I did this but My data usage says I only have 1GB available instead of the 2GB I should have since I signed up for autopay. Why is this?

GET AN EXTRA 1GB OF BONUS DATA EVERY MONTH*

*For enrolling in autopay with a valid credit/debit card.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No credit for extra data with Autopay
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Where do you see the information of how much data you have to use? If you see this online there should be a Promotional Data section.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are 2 ways to do this:  1...call or Live Chat with a rep and they will add it immediately or 2...wait till the next month and it will be auto-added.  The fine print says the bonus data is added after the first successful auto payment...but that could be another month.

I signed up with a promo for a free month with a port in and was to get the 2nd month free.  However, they gave me the first month free, meaning my initial payment to start service was a credit to my account.  I had to un-enroll from autopayment so that I wouldn't be charged for 2nd month, since autopay only knows to auto charge the card on file despite the account balance.

I got onto Live Chat this morning in fct and the extra 1GB was re-added to my account.  The Verizon app and the online account page may differ, but this time they matched for me, unlike the first month.  Maybe it just needed a month to settle in and sync, I don't know.

Oh, to get into a Live Chat without being told to call the Prepaid number, (any option you choose will defer to a screen instructing you to call the number, IDK why) choose OTHER, don't choose any other option like, manage my account, add features, etc...

0 Likes
CarliniFed

I'm having the same problem. I enrolled in AutoPay in May and have yet to see the promotional data reflected on my account. I suspect that things were convoluted when I purchased an additional 1GB before the first autopay transaction happened in June. I called customer service (which was an ordeal to escape the menu - dial *611, then press 2, then 4, 6, 4). The CSR told me that I am enrolled and entitled to the extra GB but it won't appear online. At first she seemed to be trying to tell me that it would appear next month but she didn't have much of a response when I said I had enrolled a few months ago. She then indicated that even though it doesn't appear online if I go over the initial 1GB I will then get the promotional data. I don't entirely trust that this will happen but will probably find out in a few days.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Live Chat when possible.  It is added immediately at that point, was for me, and I see it in My Verizon in my usage tab.

0 Likes