Not able to receive messages via vtext.com
jonk2474

I am trying to receive messages sent to my phone at vtext.com but am not getting anything.  I have tried sending them from several different places, but am getting nothing.  Shouldn't this work?

More info:  I am just sending really short messages to my phone via email to my 9 digit number @ VTEXT.com.  Does this work for prepaid phones?  It works for another phone on my same account.

0 Likes
Re: Not able to receive messages via vtext.com
jonk2474

I am not able to edit my post, but it should have said that I am trying to send the message from my email to my 10 digit number @ vtext.com (not 9 digit number).  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
jonk2474

I was hoping to see a reply from someone.  Anyone?  😐

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I'm not familiar with whether PrePaid service should work with the 'texting via email to vtext/vzwpix' feature.  Maybe a dedicated agent here can research and answer the question.  I haven't (but will) search this Forum for any discussions of this issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Here's a somewhat recent thread regarding your issue:

Email to text delay - Verizon Community

It did work for this user, however there were delivery delays as have been reported by many post-paid customers as well, including me, from Gmail accounts.  What email service are you using?  If Gmail, do you have other options to try, e.g. Comcast, Yahoo, etc?

0 Likes
jonk2474

Thanks for the reply, @jav6.  I have tried it from gmail and comcast mail.  I also have tried it from a separate website that I am trying to set up (the reason I would like this to work).  None of these have come to my phone.  I sent a message from gmail to my phone and another phone on my account, and the other phone received it.  This is why it seems like an issue with my number for some reason.

Again, I appreciate your time.

0 Likes
jonk2474

Just to add to the discussion, I did try to email myself a message again along with another phone on my account.  I sent one message addressed to both phones.  My son received the message almost instantly, but I still have not received any of the messages.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jonk2474 

Have you looked at this Plan option (if available for prepaid) on your line for blocking email texts as described in:

vtext not working - Verizon Community

"Path: MVO > My Plan > Blocks > Select Device > Block Emails & Domains > Scroll to Message Blocking Preferences > Select Block all text messages from web and email. "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to receive messages. We are here to help. When did this issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?*Rebecca

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with any concerns you have about vtext. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes