Phone/Plan options
1Steve
Enthusiast - Level 1

My current plan is $30.month. Basic Phone plan. It says that unlimited talk, text, and data. I also have signed up for auto pay, which says it gives me an additional 1GB of data every month. This is fine for my needs. I'm a senior citizen and don't do a whole lot of internet surfing and don't make that many phone calls. However my current phone is old and outdated. It's a Samsung Intensity II. I went looking on the Verizon site for a new phone and Liked the Galaxy Note 7. The thing is that if I click to order it, the system also wants to upgrade my plan to $50 month 4GB plan, which I don't want! Can't I have a note7 with my current plan limitations?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone/Plan options
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might be on the Basic monthly plan.  To move to a smartphone, you should look at the available monthly smartphone plans for prepaid accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Phone/Plan options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to the community member forum. We know it's important to be able to have the phone and plan that work for you. Since you've made your post on the prepaid page, I'm going to assume you're set up on one of our prepaid bundles at this time. The Galaxy Note 7 device you mentioned is not yet available, but is currently in the pre-order phase for post-paid monthly billing accounts. This is probably why you saw the recommendation of one of the standard plans. The phone launches on August 19th, and at that point, it's possible you may see an option to use it on other programs. I would recommend checking back in with the site at that time. I hope this information helps.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes